Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blackberries!!

I'm "berry" excited to tell you about our backyard discovery!  We have blackberries!!  In our yard.  Can't get more frugal than FREE.  That's my kind of deal, and the perfect price if you ask me. :)  

In about 20 minutes worth of we picking we got this:
That is about 8 cups of berries and that's only about 1/3 of what is growing.  Which I turned into this:

Which is 6 varying sized jars of jelly! (just pretend that crap on the corner doesn't exist I do :) )  How well my jelly jelled remains to be seen as I'm not brave enough to try it yet.  I want to live the dream that it's perfect for another day or so.  

I may need to tweak the recipe but seriously, it's like the second time I've canned in my life.  I can't wait to be able to pick the rest!  I see blackberry pie, maybe some frozen berries for all those smoothies that I want to make but are too cheap frugal to buy all the ingredients for.  So many possibilities ahead! 

Anybody got any good ideas for berries??


No comments:

Post a Comment