Monday, July 15, 2013

Meal Plan 7/12-7/19 & Home Improvements Oh My!

What a busy weekend!!  

I had some work to do at the office on Saturday so I was there until about noon, went home and did some major work there.  We are in the process of tearing out old and yucky carpets that have seen one too many years and one too may pet accidents to stay any longer.  I say in the process because we are ripping out manageable pieces that can be thrown out with the weekly garbage.   Multiple reasons for this: 
1. This saves up from paying for an additional garbage pick up.
2. This also allows me to seriously scrub the floors in smaller sections.  Since this will take a few scrubs to get it really clean, I'm ok with smaller sections.   

Pre-floor scrubbing was another round of blackberry picking. which were saved for a pie that we had after dinner on Saturday.  I lost my mind while making my pie crust, but it turned into a happy accident.  Here is my new pie crust recipe:

2 C Flour
1 C Shortening
1/4 Sugar
1/2 C Water
1T Milk
Sprinkle of Sugar

Mix the first 4 until you have dough.  Toss in the fridge to set for a while.  Roll out & fill with delicious pie filling of your choice.  Brush the top with the milk then sprinkle with sugar.

I also got a new fridge!!  It makes me really happy!  Not only is it energy efficient, thus saving us money BUT it's about 50% bigger than our old one!  We now have space to put everything.  It's the little (or bigger in this case!) things in life that really make me happy.  
Isn't she lovely??

On to the meal plan.  It's a pretty boring week in the Frugal Hockey House.  LOL!
Friday: Free Choice Friday
Saturday: Hot Dogs, Mac Salad, Baked Beans
Sunday: Family Graduation Party
Monday: Burgers, Mac Salad, Veggies
Tuesday: Spaghetti & Veggies
Wednesday: Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, & Veggies
Thursday: Spaghetti & Veggies





No comments:

Post a Comment